PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 40 MINUTES
- 3 cups of canned black beans
- 2 avocados
- 3 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 pouch of taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-6 tbsp canola oil
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup Fiesta blend shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp water
1. Make the Sauce:
Combine avocados, seeded jalapeno, lime juice, olive oil, sour cream, 1 tbsp taco seasoning, salt, sugar, and 2 tbsp of water into blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Make the Tacos:
- Add black beans to cooking pan, cook over medium heat. Add 3 tbsp of taco seasoning and 2 tbsp of water. Stir well and remove from heat once heated throughoughly.
- In separate skillet, heat 2-3 tbsp of canola oil over medium-high heat
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and allow them to cook in oil for about 10 seconds, or until crispy. Flip tortillas, add 1/4 cup of beans and 1.5 tbsp of Fiesta blend shredded cheese, and sprinkle chopped green onions inside tortilla.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold tortilla in half and press down with spatula, to shape the taco. Continue cooking tacos until cheese has melted and tortillas are browned and crispy.
- Continue process until all tacos are complete, adding oil as pan dries out.
- Serve warm with Avocado lime sauce
Recipe adapted from www.foodlove.com