PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into bite sized florets
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, light
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cold water
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, baking powder, and water. Whisk until smooth. Toss cauliflower florets into wet batter until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 350. In batches, carefully add coated cauliflower into hot oil. Cook until batter is crispy, golden brown. Repeat until all cauliflower is cooked.
- To make the sauce, add soy sauce, brown sugar, 1 tbsp water, and garlic powder into sauce pan. Stir together and cook over medium heat, bring to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Toss cauliflower bites into sauce, top with sesame seeds and/or sliced green onion. Serve with rice if desired.
Recipe Notes Recipe adapted from Serious Eats