PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 15 MINUTES
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 whole mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2-4 tbsp canola oil, for frying
- 1 small yellow onion
- After rinsing mushrooms, slice into 1/4 inch thickness and cut onion into thin slices. Add 1 tbsp oil into skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and onions until tender and carmelized, then add spinach. Once veggies have completely cooked, remove from heat.
- In separate skillet, heat oil over medium heat and place one tortilla in pan. Quickly add about 3 tbsp of vegetable mixture onto tortilla, sprinkle about 1/2 cup of cheese and 1/4 cup of feta, then place another tortilla on top. Carefully flip quesadilla with spatula. Cook until cheese melts and tortillas are golden brown. Repeat process until all quesadillas are cooked. Add oil to dry skillet as needed.
Cut each quesadilla into triangle sections. Serve warm.